The Northeast has been hit hard by recent heavy rain storms and flooding. Good Day NY called in mold expert Kevin Hinchey on Wednesday, March 17th to explain what to do if your home has a mold problem.
Kevin shared the following tips in the event of water damage:
– Remove all paneling, insulation, carpeting and anything that is porous.
– Start running fans in the area as soon as possible to start the drying process.
– Introduce treatment to kill the mold that is starting to grow; this treatment will help prevent future mold growth, as well.
– Insulation, carpeting, paneling, sheetrock and drop ceilings are often damaged by mold.
– Mold infestation can cause many health problems, including respiratory damage.
If recent rainwater or flood water has caused damage to your home, don’t wait to clean it up! The faster the water is removed, the less chance exists for mold to cause additional damage.
H&H Environmental Construction and Consulting provides mold cleanup services in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Call us today at 888-250-6653, and count on a written, fully transferable warranty on all jobs.